Friday 8 October 2010

Egg Tarts

CHOCOLATE ALMOND WEDGES

Invited to go to Melissa's place for dinner.. not sure what to cook.  Hence, decided to do some dessert. Instead baked some chocolate almond wedges!



Arent they pretty? Trust me, it is not like the scottish shortbread... quite similar but definitely more healthy and of course, more attractive, yeah! say YES!
My piping technique is not pro yet... I guess it is stlll acceptable! Not bad rite??? hehe..

 BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Blueberry Muffins
Bought some blueberries and decided to do some blueberry muffins. They turned out beautifully. TASTE GREAT too! Healthy with reduced sugar. Share it with colleagues and flatmates.


BANANA LOAF

Banana Loaf

When I was little, there were lots of bananas at home. My grandfather and father used to bring lots back from the estates. We sometimes what we should do with it. There are so many types of bananas. My favourite is the small ' Indian' bananas. Havent seen it in England though.
I had some ripen bananas and hence decided to do a plain banana loaf- really yummy!!!! The whole flat was 'freshened' by the smell of my banana loaf.
Though this banana loaf is plain, it was baked in rather long process with various temperatures.
My sister loves banana cakes but she did get to try this beautiful banana loaf. Sorry, sis. :(

MOIST CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT FLAKES CAKE


Moist Chocolate Hazelnut with Almond Flakes Cake
 I love hazelnuts. This cake was full of hazelnuts... oh well, homemade cakes, I tend to be too generous. The toppings are overfilled with almond flakes. Not easy cake to make, really took efforts to grate the chocolate.  The cake itself was made up of ground hazelnuts, grated chocolates.
This cake was offered as a gift to the maternity ward as they had been pestering me to bake.
I put the cake in the ward, told team members to help themselves and I went off to attend some jobs. When I returned, it was all gone!!! Never mind, the feedback was extremely good  though. :)

BLUEBERRY MUFFIN CAKE
Blueberry Muffin Cake

In general, people love small muffins. Instead of doing blueberry muffins, I made Blueberry Muffin Cake with Streustel toppings. Quite extraordinary. The toppings was crusty and cruncy and the cake was moist. :)

CHINESE EGG TARTS

Modified Egg Tarts in Muffin Tray


Beautiful Chinese Egg Tart


Yummy Egg Tarts

Chinese Egg Tarts!!!! Been searching for the moulds for ages but unable to find the ones that I love. Hence, I decided to use my muffin tray instead. I baked a total of 30. Trust me, it was hard work but worth the effort. The custard turned out brilliantly. The crust , though not like commercial, was good too. Am I boasting too much... hahaha... Hence, I called this modified Chinese Egg Tarts. Very pleased with bakes.
Share it with Woking group  at So's Kitchen. Yummy , yummy. Everyone enjoyed my warm egg tarts.They werent too sweet.The restaurant owner even asked the receipe from me. 
Should I say- well done, meow meow for the modified chinese egg tarts??? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment