Friday 8 October 2010

Christmas


 CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE
Healthy Chocolate Banana Cake- No butter or margerine 
Kitty Cat still have ideas about various banana cake style. I named this healthy banana cake because it was really not sweet and contained neither butter or margerine. Rather strange cake you may say. The only sweetness came from the chocolate top coating.  Brought it to share with work colleagues and they asked me why wasnt the cake sweet. I told them that was why I named it healthy banana cake.

CHRISTMAS CONTRIBUTION

  • BROWN WALNUT CAKE
  • BANANA CAKE
  • CHRISTMAS CAKES

Brown Walnut Cake

Banana Cake

 

Christmas Cake


Christmas Cake

Christmas Cakes in Fridge

 

Merry Christmas


Santa Claus and Christmas Tree

My cute little Santa saying Merry Christmas

 
It was Christmas Day. There was a massive gathering to celebrate Christmas. Teamworked with others to cater free for 100 christmas meal seatings for the stranded overseas students in Guildford. Besides the meal, there were gift exchanges, dancing etc

 
 As I love to continue my contribution to the student fellowhship at the University of Surrey, I decided to bake them christmas cakes. These Christmas Cakes were so cute! I never cease to smile whenever I see these Christmas Cakes, especially the one with Santa and his little christmas tress plus the greetings.

 
Both these Christmas Cakes were 3 layer cakes. They were filled with multiple fresh fruits. I added an extra fresh banana cake with the Christmas Cakes for the gathering too. Everyone enjoyed it though not enough to feed more than 100 pple.

 
Next time... mmm.... I never and very rarely do my bakes twice unless someone specifically make a request.

 

 

 BOXING DAY

 
Visiting Winnie&Albert, Mak&Sylvia
 
Boxing Day, after the stay overnight at Auntie Kwei's place, I visited Mak & Sylvia. Winnie &Albert also made an effort to join us. It was lovely to see all of them. These 2 couples have helped and supported me during my stay in Chichester.



 CRUNCHY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE WITH OATMEAL COOKIES
 
Crunchy Double Chocolate (Chocolate&White) with Oatmeal

HEAVY SNOW

Snow

SNOW
Lovely snow view from kitchen window. So pretty!!!

APRICOT AND NUT CRUNCHIES

Apricot and Nut Crunchies

 
Some gathering at 108 and coincidentally, I did some Apricot Nut Crunchies. These looked really crusty on top but they were rather crunchy because of the nuts and chewy because of the dried apricots. Everyone had one or two after the gathering.

CARROT ALMOND CAKE

 
Carrot Almond Cake

 

Carrot Almond Cake

 
Wanted to share and give something for my workplace- why not carrot almond cake? I actually used organic carrot for this bake. I really love carrots. This cake had no butter or margerine. The ground almond and the grated carrots managed to hold the cake together. It was a lovely moist healthy Carrot Almond Cake.

 JANUARY BIRTHDAY CONTRIBUTION
  • WALNUT COOKIES
  • AUSTRIAN COFFEE CAKE
  • ANGEL CAKE

 

Small Walnut Cookies


Angel Cake


Top View of Angel Cake

Walnut Cookies in jar. They are like Famous Amos Cookies-yummy!

 

Austrian Coffee Cake

Austrian Coffee Cake and Angel Cake

 
Celebration for January Birthday
 
Catering for Jan Birthday Celebrations. I felt like doing something international.
 
The Austrian Coffee Cake is a very special cake. Very heavy ( in weight) , maybe 2-3kg. Why? coz it was loaded and soak in coffee. Not easy cake to bake and require patience. However, i really enjoy baking it. It has to be done in stages. First, I baked the coffee cake, then, I soaked cakes in expresso coffee drink for few hours. In the few hours.... I managed to have shower,,,, clean room... then back to the cake for decorations. I was super generous with the decorations and toppings. You will never get this from the commercial cake shops. See all the fresh toasted hazelnut flakes and the mild chocolate 'spray'
 
The Angel Cake - I think .. not remember now, was American Style. Look simple but rather complicated ring cake. Requires lot of patience. No egg yolks, all egg white and require long hard beating. It was an extremely light cake. Especially in comparison with the heavy weight of the Austrian Coffee Cake. Again, I decorated the Angel Cake heavily, all kind of nuts, fruits, even fresh cherries too!
 
Did some cookies too. The Walnut Cookies turned out brilliantly. These cookies were like Famous Amos Cookies. My sister used to buy me Famous Amos Cookies as a treat.  She didnt get to taste them though coz I gave away all the above the January Birthday Celebration.
 
The feedback was good. I supposed pple were so polite to me. Joshua said that he lost his sleep after he ate the Austrian Coffee Cake. Heck, must be really strong heavy coffee cake.  Zhu Ling said he loved the Angel Cake and it was beautiful.
 
Life is beautiful. Keep Smiling :)
 
 

 DINNER GATHERING
  • COCONUT BANANA LOAF
  • VICTORIA SPONGE CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY FILLINGS
 
  • STIR FRIED NOODLES
  • STIR FRIED VEGETABLES
  • CHINESE SOUP
Coconut Banana Loaf- last piece

 
Victoria Sponge Cake with Strawberry Fillings

 
The above- Banana Loaf and Victoria Sponge Cake was baked for Ah Pang's farewell party dinner. Apart from the bakes, I cooked some noodles, stir fried vegetables and chinese soup( seaweed, mince pork and egg) for the occasion. There was a big turn out in the party. Many pple brought their special dishes.

 
Did not manage to take a good picture Banana loaf but just managed because the last piece was gone. As I never bake twice, despite the similar name- banana loaf, each of my bake is unique and the bakes are of different style of baking. This banana loaf was unique. No butter or margerine. Used dessicated coconut instead. Neither did I use oil. It was a wonderful healthy coconut banana loaf.

 
As I just gotten back from work, I need to bake really quick. I am a ' lau cui' (old hands in Hokkien), hence I really rushed to do my coconut banana loaf , then my Victoria Sponge Cake. Despite the overflowing middle fillings- everyone loved it. I was generous with my big fresh strawberries too.
Easy bake- less than half hours. :)

 
COCONUT BANANA LOAF
Coconut Banana Loaf
Though I rarely repeat, I decided to do the Coconut Banana Loaf again. But this time, I added some sunflower oil. This loaf was given to Alex for his birthday gathering.  Alex brought to his work place and told me his colleagues finished the  loaf for him!!! ;)

STRAWBERRY DAY
  • STRAWBERRY MERINGUE SLICE
  • STRAWBERRY CREAM GATEAU
  • STRAWBERRY VICTORIA SPONGE
  • STRAWBERRY GENOESE CAKE

 

 
Strawberry Meringue Slice
Strawberries are so pretty. Red vibrant colour. Dont you just fall in love with strawberries by looking at them? I decided to do a Strawberry Day for the Woking Community.

 
I decided to do 4 special strawberries bake. These are not easy bake but I think I have gone beyond that boundary at my stage.

 
The Strawberry Meringue Slice is a special bake. This bake needs to 3 major steps. Step one was The bottom layer - the sponge cake layer. Then the second layer- the meringues plus lots of fresh strawberries. Then final layer with flaked hazel nuts. Very beautiful traybake.

 
Strawberry Cream Gateau

 
Pretty, isnt it? The outer coating was like a fresh yoghurt. I blended fresh strawberries with cream. Thus, you may see the strawberries colour with seeds as the coating. The ......

 
Strawberry Victoria Sponge
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake was well loved. Can you see the big juicy strawberries? I doubt commercial cakes will ever be so generous. Never mind, my treat for the Woking Community Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment