Friday 8 October 2010

Various Contributions

WELCOME PARTY CONTRIBUTIONS

  • BROWN BUTTER AND CINNAMON TEACAKE
  • PEANUT COOKIES
  • WALNUT BROWNIES
  • OLIVE ORANGE CAKE


Brown Butter and Cinnamon Teacake
Cinammon gives a good strong smell. Though this teacake supposed be butter cake, I used margarine. For those of you that know me and have tried my bakes over the years would have known that I never use butter in my baking as I like healthy homemade baking.
The icing complemented the teacake brilliantly.




Peanut Cookies
Peanut cookies have always been my favourite since childhood days. I used to asked my mum for 30 sens or perhaps tooks some monies from the sewing machine drawers, then cycled to the shop to buy my 30 sens peanut cookies (about 15). My beloved sisters and brother will know what I am talking about ;) good old days.

These peanut cookies turned out magnificiently!!! I could not resist either!!! Yummy.
Share it with my flatmates, at the welcome party and also, my lollipop friend who always help me to cross the road to work.

 

 

Walnut Brownies

 
Brownies are commonly sold at the bakery shop. With added walnuts, brownies have an additional flavour. Of course, more crunchy with the nutritious fresh walnuts.
I made this average size traybake walnut brownies. Can you see the walnuts nicely placed at the top of the chocolate toppings. The brownies itself has lots of chopped walnuts- I was very generous with it.

 

 


 
Welcome Party Desserts
These were all contributed to the University of Surrey Student Welcome Party. Of all, I still love the peanut cookies the best.Perhaps I am bias as I simply love the crunchy peanuts. All the others were well liked by the students. I was glad that everyone had a wonderful time during the welcome party.  


 CONTRIBUTION TO WOKING COMMUNITY
  • CINNAMON BISCUIT
  • APPLE FLAPJACKS
Cinnamon Biscuit


 

Cinnamon Biscuits

 
Apple Flapjacks
 Attending Woking Community Service tomorrow and I wondered what to contribute. It was late in the evening and I intented to contribute something healthy, easy bakes for the woking service group. Still have some cinnamon and also apples in the fridge. I could do apple pie but I knew it would take time. Hence, I decided to split the do. Instead of doing the old style flapjacks, I baked a apple flapjacks tray bake. Apples are sweet generally hence I can cut down the sugar in the bake too! The Cinnamon biscuits were unique. They were slim thin biscuits and I added hazelnut flakes on it. Really nice though :)

 

 

Coconut Cookies with Glazed Cherries


 

 
Olive Orange Cake- Butterless

 
Have some oranges in the fridge and decide to bake it. As I like to do healthy baking, thus I usually cut down the sugar and I have never use butter in my baking. This time, I decided to do  use olive, polyunsaturated oil in my baking. It turned out marvellously.  :)


 GIFTS FOR NEW FAMILY
  • COCONUT COOKIES WITH GLAZED CHERRIES
  • OATMEAL COOKIES WITH GLAZED CHERRIES
  • PINEAPPLE CAKE 
Oatmeal Cookies with Glazed Cherries

Cookies in airtight jars


 

Cookies with Glazed Cherries

Most people love a small bite at times. Cookies are like small treat for all. 
My dear collegue has just recently became a first time father. His wife has just given birth to their charming, beautiful, healthy daughter. As I was not particularly superb in buying baby stuff, I decided to give them a treat, bake them something special- let them throw a small little party at their own home.
Red is auspicious colour in Chinese Culture. To some, red is danger. However, I will stick to red being the best colour- vibrant, striking.
Decided to bake the crunchy coconut cookies topped with 'strking' red cherries and also healthy oatmeal cookies, again topped with 'vibrant' red glazed cherries.
The above pictures were just a small portion of the baked cookies. I could not recall how many cookies in total but I reckoned there were about 50 for each cookies.


Pineapple Cake

Apart from the cookies above, I decided to make them a pineapple cake. Pineapple is my favourite fruit. My most beloved father usually buys me pineapple when I go home. In Chinese Culture, pineapple symbolises ' goodness- 'wang'.  Pineapple tarts are my favourite!
Anyway, I baked this special pineapple cake for my colleague and his wife. This pineapple cake was a beautiful cake. Hence, they had the oatmeal cookies, coconut cookies and pineapple cake to do a little party for themselves at home! All these bakes were all topped by red cherries!!!

 
*** Saima, my colleague's wife emailed me to say a big thank you. She said they both enjoyed the coconut cookies a lot! I was glad new daddy, mumy and baby had a great time!

 
 BANANA DAY
  • DOUBLE LAYER BANANA CAKE
  • SQUARE BANANA CAKE WITH ALMOND TOPPINGS

Double layer Banana Cake


 

 

Square Banana Cake with Almond Toppings

Banana Cakes

 
I bought lots of bananas few days ago. Impossible to finish over the weekend as I would be in London. There was a student gathering on Friday nite. Since I have lots of idea, I decided to do modified my authentic bananas into cakes.
I always think square cake is quite special. So, I made this special banana cake with the crunchy almond.toppings. It was a really nice banana cake and the students and I really enjoyed it. How can you resist the nice smell of banana.
Ever see double layer banana cake with different icing and colour. I just have too many exotic ideas. This double layer banana cake was rather special. Lots of pple must have tried the classic dark chocolate banana cake. Let's make a different this time.
The cake itself was made from mixture of banana and self raising flour. The mid layer as you can see was actually filled with fresh bananas and light chocolate cream. For the top, I left it as normal cream with , again, fresh sliced of bananas. Much to my surprise, the group loved the double layer cake more! ;D


 BANANA CAKE
Banana Cake

 
Still have some banana cake. As I had to go to London and it was Kenix's birthday, I decided to bake a cake for her. As it was going to a long travel, best to make simple cake. This fresh, moist, healthy cake was well liked by most. The guys kinda 'attacked' it. They said it reminds them of the true asian homemade banana bake.  Should I be flying in the sky now??? Whatever, I was glad it brought smiles and laughter to many.

 
FOR JOHN TRAVOLTA
 
Banana Cake

 
It was Christmas. Auntie Kwei and Uncle Robert invited me to their house for lunch. They are such lovely pple. I will not forget Uncle Robert came all the way from Chichester to pick me up. During the drive to Chicheter in his sporty Mercedes, he filled me with English historical stories. He is just simply superb and marvellous! Yeah for Uncle Robert.
Besides the presents, I wanted to offer a bake for them. Not sure what to do but I know I could not have something creamy, sticky in case the cake topple in the car.
Hence, here comes the healthy banana cake.  Uncle Robert likes it :) though he was on a diet regime! I asked Auntie Kwei- ' Have you gotten a new sexy John Travolta?'  :p

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment