Friday 8 October 2010

Pineapple Tarts

 YUM CHA- LONDON (CONT')

Went for bubble tea with Yvonne after Dim Sum Feast in China Town
I really miss bubble tea. Yvonne is so funny. We went for bubble. I think she went for the classic whereas I went for yam bubble tea. Perhaps I have not drink bubble tea for ages, I was really really happy. Big chewy sago with the drink.  What a day! Though I was so tired after my night shift, I thoroughly enjoyed our dim sum feast, tete-a-tete plus bubble tea. 

YUM CHA AT WING YIP CROYDON

 
Dim Sum at Croydon

 
Am I the only person who take pictures of Dim Sum? Went out with my friend, Ric for Dim Sum at Croydon.  The sad thing is that they dun serve congee which is my favourite. :(

FRESH HOT CROISSANTS

 

 

 

 
Fresh Hot Croissants
How about early morning fresh hot croissants? So pretty! I ate two (simply cant resist), one for lollipop man, one for Rhi and the residue given to my colleagues.

FEBRUARY BIRTHDAY CONTRIBUTION
  • COFFEE WALNUT TRAYBAKE
  • SULTANA AND ORANGE TRAYBAKE

Coffee Walnut Traybake

Sultana and Orange Traybake

 
2 Large Traybakes for February Birthday

 
Work has kept me busy. Unable to do special decorative cakes for February. Still, I managed to do 2 large traybakes for the February Birthday Gathering. Not able to tell you how these 2 taste like coz I was at work thus not able to be present for the gathering. Sincerely hope they had a good time and enjoyed my bakes.

EASTER IN DERBY

 

Steamboat

Deep Fried Tempura

 
Fresh White Mushroom with Fillings

 

Nasi lemak

 
It was Easter Weekend. Rachel, KW,SL and I decided to visit Joyce's family at Derby. We stayed at Joyce's family home for few days. We went for sight seeing , pinic and obviously cooking!

PINEAPPLE TARTS

 
Tart Crust

 

 
Closer look at the beautiful tart shape

 
First Batch of Pineapple Tarts- Ready to be baked

 
Gorgeous! Simply Irresistible!

 

 
Beautiful Pineapple Tarts

 
Burned and Weird Shape Pineapple Tarts

 

Chinese Pineapple Tarts

 
As I have promised earlier, here comes my traditional Chinese Pineapple Tarts. Meant to do it during CNY but time was a restraint. Anyway, arent they gorgeous??? I really miss and love Pineapple Tarts. There are so many ways to do it. Ratna bought me the mould and thus I decide to do the simple classic shape of pineapple tart.

 
The pineapple jam/fillings took a lot of effort but it was all worthwhile. The crust turned out beautifully. Sarah told me she loved the crunchy crust though the pineapple fillings were a bit hard. The reason being hard was the fillings were kept in the fridge for a while coz I was really busy and had not have the time to complete the whole process of making the pineapple tarts. I got there in the end though :D

 
These min of 100 fresh pineapple tarts were given to the Saturday Birthday Celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment