Friday 8 October 2010

5 Layers Fruit Cake

 BIRTHDAY CONTRIBUTIONS

  • DOUBLE LAYER CHOCOLATE CAKE
  • ALMOND CHERRY CAKE

Double Layer Chocolate Cake


Almond Cherry Cake

Not particulary good in choosing presents for pple's birthday. It was Adrian's and Stephen's Birthdays Gathering. So sure their partners and group would get them big presents and some birthday cakes. Decided to contribute my bakes as gifts and sharing.
I must say the chocoholate double layer cake did not turn out what i truly wanted. The almond cherry cake was still ok. Keep smiling :0

OATMEAL WITH RAISINS COOKIES
CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES
 
Oatmeals with raisins Cookies


Chocolate Chip Cookies

New Year's Eve Gathering. Some dressed up to mimic actors, actresses and even president Obama. They were really creative :) Everyone brought something to the host's house. I baked some oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate chips cookies and bought some drinks. The host cooked jambalaya-really nice ;) It was a lovely, fun gathering.

ALMOND CAKE
MARBLE CAKE



Almond Cake




Marble Cake
 BANANA WITH CHOCOLATE ANE WHITE CHIPS LOAF



Banana with Chocolate and White Chips Loaf
 Still have lots of ideas to do with my banana. Instead of plain banana loaf, I did a little experiment with white and chocolate chips. The strong banana smell was still present. There was an added chocolate flavour and additional white and chocolate chips inside the loaf. Look inside the sliced loaf!  Beautiful.

DECEMBER BIRTHDAY CONTRIBUTION
  • 5 LAYER FRUIT CAKE


Birthday Fruit Cake.





Decorations at the top of the cake. Filled with fruits.

It was December. As I normally contribute to birthday gatherings, for once, I decided to do extra special this time. It is a special month for me too. ;)
I was very generous with my 5 layers fruit cake. Each layer consisted of different fruits- pineapples, mango, mandarins, peaches, pear,kiwis. It was a fresh and very light sponge cake with fresh cream. For the outer decorations, I used fresh raspberries to ouline the lower 2 layers and upper 3 layers. Fresh roasted almond flakes and fresh fruits were used to decorate the sides of the cake.

Perhaps I put too much fruits in the cake that it sort of tilted to the side- ? leaning tower of pisa?
Whatever, this is an authentic homemde 5 layers fruit cake!
The group of December birthday pple and also others really enjoyed the my gigantic 5 layers fruit cake.  :)


 RASPBERRY MUFFINS
Raspberry Muffins

Raspberries were in session. Since I bought so much raspberries, why not make some healthy raspberry muffins. These muffins turned out beautifully. They werent sweet apart from the raspberry sweetness. Shared these muffins with Rhi and work colleagues.  Can you see the raspberris inside the muffin?

No comments:

Post a Comment